Most of the people are clueless when witness the errors while watching the videos on the self-hosted contents site. Well, this kind of issues will be happened when it comes to loading a file in the form of non-supported format with
the support of JW player. Also, one should know that the error will be raised where the JW player is mainly under the task by loading a video in the format of .mov and .wmv which aren’t using H264 video codec in that time.
However, these kinds of errors can be easily managed to handle on mobile as well as PC. For information, this error is not only appearing on chrome but also in Safari and Firefox. On the other side, the issues are also sometimes caused by wrong configuration related to embedded media player.
More billions of streams in each and every month, JW player is considered to be the most familiar one in terms of embeddable media player for videos. The main usage of JWPlayer is where it mainly comes up with lightweight and merges with ad network without any hassles. It is the main reason where most of the websites that are using to feature self-hosted videos as per wish and convenience.
Despite having a good stuff to experience, the incorrect configuration may lead the JW player to run the video which is not highly supported by media player. So, this is the main thing which will cause the error like “error loading media file could not be played”.
Is it possible to sort error loading media file could not be played issue?
Generally, most of them are facing this issue. At this stage, it is necessary for you to know which thing is causing the error. Maybe, it’s because of media player issue or your browser causing the problem. During this time, you can even go ahead with other browser. In case, if you are facing the same issue, then it is necessary to get into deep. So, try to contact web admin and go for enquiry regarding the issues. Apart from this, you can check out the different methods to sort out this issue.
Method 1: Reset settings of chrome to default
So, people who all are struggling with this kind of issue, you can follow this method. But the thing you need to keep it in mind is where the settings will get changed directly to default. If you are ready for this, then without going for any confusions, check the below steps to follow.
- First of all, open the chrome and tap on the action menu which is available in the top right corner.
- Visit the settings and tap on “Advanced” in order to expand over to drop-down menu.
- Now, make sure to scroll down towards reset section and tap on it. Again, you need to confirm it and then wait for few seconds where the chrome to reinitialize.
- If the chrome is getting back to default, then there is an opportunity to get resolved. In case, the problem is still continuing, then approach the web administrator to fix it.
Method 2: Chrome update to latest version
People who found that the error is happening due to chrome, then make sure to get the latest version. For information, JW player will update the supported formats list. If you use the outdated version, then you might face the struggle for sure.
- You need to open the PlayStore application which is available on your android device. Now, you should tap on action menu.
- Visit My apps & games and view all the updates list which are available under “Updates”.
- Search for the Chrome entry and click the button “Update”.
- By using Chrome, you can access the three dotted icon “action menu” available in the top right corner.
- Now, tap on Update Google Chrome.
- If the update is done, make sure to tap on “Relaunch” button. Now, the chrome will come up with latest version.
So, people who are experiencing “error loading media file could not be played” issue for a long time, you can follow the above discussed methods to rectify in a short span of time.